sunrise
photo
photo
photo

Welcome, Rejoice & Come In

Welcome to First Parish Church! Whether  a guest, friend or member, you are warmly invited to step into our freshly-painted historic building in the center of Beverly. You will find a congregation rejoicing in a diversity of personal spiritual journeys, an outstanding music program, and a nurturing environment for all lifestyles. We seek to lift each others’ spirits through a strong sense of community, caring fellowship, rich educational opportunities for all ages, as well as service outreach.  Come and see what First Parish has to offer. We look forward to seeing you this Sunday!

new

Member Congratulations!

Milt Lauenstein
Morrill Gallery – Enjoy the paintings by Milt Lauenstein in the Morrill Gallery, FPC foyer. Milt studied art at the Boston Museum School, Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux-Artes, Paris, Massachusetts College of Art and Montserrat School of Art (where he has served on the President’s Advisory Council). Milt is a longtime member and friend of FPC. (He will generously donate the usual 15% of sales to FPC and the remaining 85% to ASAPROSAR.)

 

Wayside Quotes

The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.
- Abraham Lincoln
__________________________

True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity, before it is entitled to the appellation.
- George Washington

__________________________

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

sermons

  • "Don't Panic"

    Sun Mar 8, 2015

    In a world of more than 6 billion people, more interconnected than at any time in recorded history, we become more and more aware, each day, each hour, each moment, of just how much crisis, calamity, hardship and woe besets the human family in every corner of the globe. Even without internet headlines, cable news, or the local paper, we are still fantastically talented, as a culture, at finding things to worry about. So please join us to practice relief from that worry, as we share a service about finding a place of calm and equanimity in the midst of the storm.

     

  • ASAPROSAR Service

    Sun Mar 15, 2015

    Members of First Parish who have visited El Salvador as volunteers with ASAPROSAR (the Salvadoran Association for Rural Health) will share some of their stories and experiences with us.

     

  • "Carrying Your Own Bag"

    Sun Mar 22, 2015

    Jack Reilly, winner of the 2014 sermon auction, selected the topic of this service. In it, Rev. Kelly will reflect on how we learn to rewrite our own stories after any great loss or change.

  • “The Oasis in the Heart”

    Sun Mar 29, 2015

    The third and final set of great virtues that Rev. Kelly will be reflecting on this year are those lifted up by the biblical author Paul: “faith, hope, and love.” Join us, then, for a service about one of the most precious – and disputed – ideas in Unitarian Universalism: faith.

-

We invite you to consider using our space


for meetings, lectures, musical performances, weddings, memorials and other occasions. Our sanctuary space with its outstanding accoustics, accommodating 300 comfortably, is especially well suited for music. The first floor is accessible with a ramp leading to the rear entrance and a restroom adjacent to it.
Downstairs, Hale Hall is an excellent place for coffee-house style music, lectures, workshops, showers and other receptions. There are tables and chairs, with comfortable seating in the 60-100 person range, movable partitions a full kitchen and restrooms.
Combined Rental Rules and Application
Wedding Letter, Fees & Application

sunset

First Parish Church

225 Cabot St

Beverly, MA 01915

978-922-3968

Office Hours: T-F, 9-1

office@firstparishbeverly.org

Site design and development by John Hall Design Group, Beverly, MA